The perfect base for exploring the highlands
Inverglen Photography is based at Inverglen Guest House located in a quiet residential area affording you a restful night’s sleep, yet just a 5 minute walk from Inverness City centre.
Getting to Inverglen Guest House
There are direct flights to Inverness Airport from London (Heathrow, Gatwick & Luton), Amsterdam (Schipol), Belfast City, Birmingham, Bristol, Dusseldorf, Edinburgh, Jersey, Manchester, Benbecula, Kirkwall, Stornoway & Sumburgh.
From the airport take the regular bus service to the City (and then follow the directions from the Bus Station) , or there are taxis available.
From the North or South (A9) or East (A96)
- Leave the A9 at the junction for Aberdeen (A96) and take the exit at the roundabout for the City Centre.
- At the next roundabout, take the second exit and follow the dual carriageway onto Millburn Road.
- Immediately after the Chieftain Hotel, turn left onto Victoria Drive (signposted for the Youth Hostel).
- Proceed uphill to the T junction then turn right onto Crown Drive and first left into Abertarff Road.
- Inverglen Guest House is third property on the right.
- Parking is behind the Guest House which is reached via the driveway just past the house that is shared with our neighbour.
From the West (A82)
- Follow signs for Inverness City Centre.
- In Academy Street, go past the Railway Station and immediately after Marks & Spencer turn right through a tunnel onto Crown Road.
- Proceed uphill and at the mini-roundabout turn left onto Crown Drive. Abertarff Road is the first road on the right.
- Inverglen Guest House is two thirds of the way along the street on the left.
- Parking is behind the Guest House which is reached via the driveway just before the house that is shared with our neighbour.
From the Bus Station or Train Station
Inverness is well served by a variety of local and long distance buses and Trains.
- From Inverness Bus Station walk along Margaret Street and turn left onto Academy Street towards Marks & Spencer.
- From Inverness Railway Station turn left onto Academy Street towards Marks & Spencer.
- Turn right onto Hamilton Street (next to Marks & Spencer) and then turn left along Eastgate pedestrian precinct.
- Just before the end of the pedestrian precinct take the right hand fork up Stephen’s Brae.
- As you walk up the hill take the first left onto Crown Avenue and follow this to the end.
- Turn right onto Crown Circus. Abertarff Road is the first turning on the left.
Inverglen Guest House is an ideal base for photographers with many superb locations an easy drive from our B&B. In addition to the local highlights such as loch Ness, Glen Affric. The Cairngorms National Park and The Moray Coast, we can easily reach the West Coast including The Isle of Skye, Inverpolly, Glenshiel, Torridon and Sutherland. We can also visit such iconic locations as Ben Nevis, Glen Coe and Rannoch Moor. For those wanting to reach the far north, a day trip to John O’Groats, Dunnet Head and Kyle of Tongue is certainly possible.