Landscape & Digital Editing Workshop
This workshop is aimed at landscape photographers who have limited experience (or no experience) with Lightroom and Photoshop.
Modern digital cameras are very capable, but with a few basic digital editing skills you will open up a raft of creative opportunities to enable you to develop your own particular style.
For most photographers, the digital editing software of choice is either Photoshop, Photoshop Elements (a cut-down version of full Photoshop) or Lightroom. These are highly capable tools, but they can seem daunting at first glance. In this workshop, we aim to take away some of the fear factors and get you comfortable with the basics of digital editing. Once you have the basic skills, so you will develop the confidence to explore the more advanced capabilities of these programs.
With this 3 day workshop, we will combine taking images in the field with learning how to edit those images. Generally, we spend the first full day taking images, then on day 2 we review those images and work on them using Lightroom and Photoshop. On day 3 we will again spend the day taking images so you have a good selection to work on when you return home.
This workshop can only hope to provide an introduction to the basics of Lightroom and Photoshop, and as such is clearly aimed at those with little or no experience of working with these programs.
This is a 4-night workshop which includes 2 fully escorted days of field trips (on day 1 and day 3), and one day dedicated to exploring the basics of Lightroom and Photoshop.
The Workshop includes accommodation on a bed and breakfast basis for 4-nights. Discounted rates are available if you do not need accommodation.
What will you learn?
This workshop combines both Landscape and digital editing and the main things we will cover include:
- Choosing the correct combination of shutter speed and aperture
- Learning about the benefits (and drawbacks) of increasing the ISO
- Metering and focus modes
- Understanding Exposure (including shooting for HDR or exposure blending)
- Seeing and composing the image ( using the so-called “rules” then breaking them)
- Understanding why RAW is so powerful (and what are the downsides)
- Using filters (Polarisers, Grads and Full ND’s – including “The Big Stopper” and “The Little Stopper”)
- Shooting in low light (e.g. dawn and dusk)
In the Digital Editing element, you will learn the basics of:
- Importing photos into Lightroom
- Adding keywords, star ratings and colour coding for advanced searching in Lightroom
- Creating Collections in Lightroom
- Using the Develop sliders in Lightroom
- Making local adjustments in Lightroom
- Fixing basic image problems in Lightroom
- Exporting Images from Lightroom
- Switching from Lightroom to Photoshop for advanced editing
- Stitching panoramas in Lightroom (and in Photoshop)
- An Introduction to Adjustment Layers and Layer Masks in Photoshop
- Saving images for different purposes (e.g. printing, web use, digital projection)
- 4-Night Workshop (2 full day field trips and 1 day of digital editing) – £500.00 per person
Discounted rates are available for those not needing accommodation, or where 2 photographers share a double (or twin) room.
Forthcoming Landscape and Digital Editing Workshops
- Workshops can be arranged for any dates between 26th October 2018 and 31st March 2019
To find out more about our workshops why not visit our Frequently Asked Questions Page
If you would like to register an interest in our workshops just click the button below. This will ensure you always hear about forthcoming workshop dates before the general public, and will also entitle you to additional discounts not available to those who are not registered.